On Wed, 16 Sep 2020 at 18:04, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdre...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Yes, we do not map individual ownership of land and buildings generally,
> but unless the owner is a person, we could and privacy regulations would
> not prevent us from doing it. It also isn’t an argument for refraining from
> mapping property divisions, because these are interesting regardless of
> _who_ is the owner

Tangentially, at least where the cadastre matches what's on the ground, I
hope one day we can include the cadastre in OSM, with the address and
landuse information tagged on the parcel. Instead of trying to trace out
the outline of the parcels in a block in an editor I could just select all
the parcels and say they are residential parcels and that's the landuse
done.

Indeed I agree with Martin, that there is a lot of value in knowing about
parcels completely without any kind of ownership information attached. One
can do analysis on lot size, building floor space ratio to lot size, etc.
if we mapped the parcel.

> Limit the detail of mapping private backyards. As a guideline,
permanently installed private swimming pools, or some structure of a
semi-public garden appear to be the borderline of being acceptable. Add
access=private as appropriate.

Agreed backyard pools are widespread mapped and seem to be tolerated and
okay, backyard tennis courts I would put into the same category.

I think rooftop solar on residential houses is also mapped in places, and I
think is okay.

Given all of this is not personally identifiable and already public in
aerial imagery etc. I agree including this in OSM shouldn't pose an issue.

Under other reasons not to map, I think we could include Aboriginal sacred
sites where "The traditional owners and their representatives have asked
that the locations of other sites be kept private to protect them and
maintain their sanctity.".

But otherwise I feel the page is a good description of community consensus.