Am 07.10.2020 um 10:25 schrieb Christian Quest:

We have tested blurring using image segmentation which allows to blur full parts of pictures like people and cars, not only faces and license plates.

Here is the result: https://takeitout.cquest.org/photo/cquest/blurred/

The code used is on github: https://github.com/tyndare/blur-persons/

We did some tests using TPU to speedup the process.

That looks (IMHO) very good and addresses some of the concerns I pointed out, naturally not perfect, but it is far better than simply blurring faces and number plates. As a tendency I would remove any colour of the blurred object too in particular to make cars even less identifiable.

Simon

PS: why handbags are important for OSM is a bit of a mystery though :-)