On 5/12/23 22:36, Frank via talk wrote:

Hi all

I hope you are doing fine.

I would like to convert an existing GPX track into a bus route (relation) on OSM. Does anyone know how to achieve that, i.e. to create a relation for all involved ways along this very same GPX track?

I would have created that GPX with the help of OsmAnd for example, so it would match the existing ways of OSM 1:1.

Basically, I am looking for an easy way for creating bus routes instead of selecting and adding each and every way (and annoying bridges) along the route manually to create such a new bus route (relation).

Bus routes also include bus stops.

I'd look at the GTFS system - see https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/GTFS and see what that does.