SO!
es ist der router gewesen!

http://www.magwag.plus.com/jim/tips-300t.html

  Platform: Linux
Stalling Interactive TCP Connections (ssh, ftp, telnet)

When I moved from a Cable Modem to an ADSL connection I wanted a simple
way to just swap out the Cable Modem box and slide in some kind of ADSL
Modem, so I opted for the D-Link DSL 300T, which worked fine as a drop in
replacement, until I tried to do an interactive ssh connection, the
connection would get set up OK, but then it would hang when entering the
interactive session.

I tracked it down to the fact that ssh sets the Minimize-Delay IP_TOS flag
on interactive sessions, and somewhere down the line these packets didn't
seem to be routed correctly.

I also discovered (later) that the same problem applied to UDP traffic
when I found that my NTP traffic was also being discarded (so my
computer's clock drifted out of sync).

The solution I came up with was to add an iptables rule to reset the
IP_TOS flag to Normal-Service on outgoing traffic from my PC:

Note: TOS is now superseded by DSCP within the IETF, according to "man
iptables", so the following commands have been adjusted accordingly.

iptables --table mangle --append OUTPUT --jump DSCP --set-dscp 0x0

As my PC also acts as a masquerading gateway for my home network, I also
added the following rule so that machines on my home network get the same
fix:

iptables --table mangle --append PREROUTING --jump DSCP --set-dscp 0x0

nun klapps auch mit dem linux *g*

Gruss
Andreas

p.s. morgen stammtisch?