Chicago Mini Tango Festival starts Thursday

Buenos Aires in Chicago. Come join us this Thursday, April 8, for the opening
night of the Chicago Mini Tango Festival. We will have two milonga classes (one
by Oscar and Mary Ann Casas, and the other by Ricardo "El Pibe Sarandi"
Maceiras and Elina Roldan). We will also have our opening milonga dj'ed by
Maria Olivera of Buenos Aires. Thursday classes are open to non-Festival
attendees.

The Festival which is from April 8-11th will provide you with the rare
opportunity to learn in one location in the United States from the following
outstanding group of milonguero/as including: Ricardo "El Pibe Sarandi"
Maceiras and Elina Roldan (Buenos Aires), Alberto Dassieu and Paulina
Spinoso(Buenos Aires), Gustavo Benzecry and Maria Olivera (Buenos Aires),
Oscar Casas and Mary Ann Casas (Buenos Aires), and guest instructor Maria Paola
Palaia(Rome).
We also plan to have wonderful music over the weekend from our djs
whichinclude: Ramu Pyreddy (Washington, D.C.), Jorge Andres (Toronto),
OlehKovalchuke (Kansas City), Maria Olivera (Buenos Aires), and Derrick Del
Pilar (San Francisco and Tucson). There will also be guest performances from
Elizabeth Olivera, Pampa Cortes, and Momo Smitt.

We have updated our schedule at: www.chicagotangofestival.com/Schedule.php. The
schedule will now include over 20 workshops for all levels of dancers; two
master workshops for advance dancers: one with Alberto Dassieu and Paulina
Spinoso and one with El Pibe Sarandi and Elina Roldan. In addition, we will
have eight milongas, including our wonderful Argentina Night grand milonga on
Saturday evening, our all night milonga after the grand milonga and our "Eye
Opener" milonga on Sunday morning. We have also added a special diagnostic
session for individuals who are interested in working with instructors for a
mini diagnostic session. Lastly there will be a special milonguero chat session
with Alberto Dassieu, El Pibe Sarandi and the other instructors.

Private lessons are available with the instructors before, during and after the
Festival. To schedule a lesson please send an email
toi...@chicagotangofestival.com. Oscar and Mary Ann Casas, El Pibe Sarandi and
Elina Roldan, and Maria Paola Palaia will all arrive on Wednesday; Gustavo
Benzecry and Maria Olivera, Alberto Dassieu and Paulina Spinoso will all arrive
on Thursday.

We will also have a number of returning vendors, including: Diva
Boutique,Chicago Dance Supply, Ritz Tango Cafe, and Soft Chocolates. We also
willfeature an exhibition by artist Julian Althabe from Buenos Aires. Julian is
also a great milonguero and looks forward to dancing at the Festival.

For information on pricing and registration information, please go
to:http://www.chicagotangofestival.com/Payment_Registration.php

For information on lodging options, please go to:
http://www.chicagotangofestival.com/Lodging.php.

If you need any further information please go to
http://www.chicagotangofestival.com or send an email to
i...@chicagotangofestival.com.

We look forward to seeing you next week at the Chicago Mini Tango Festival.
Buenos Aires in Chicago!!!

Abrazos,

Ray Barbosa

Organizers and contributors: Chicago Milonguero, Ltd. and the Argentine Tango
Club of the University of Chicago