... on the question of "Why did she say you were dancing foxtrot?" ...

Lois proposed several plausible answers, but the thought that came to my mind
when I first read Mario's post was that it might have been the rhythmic
structure rather than steps or embrace. I don't know foxtrot, but I know that
it has a rhythmic character that is identifiable to those who know the music
and dance. Is it quick-quick-slow-slow? I'm guessing. But whatever it is,
perhaps your dancing frequently uses that rhythm.

        TangoMoments.com