Keith Elshaw wrote:
> It might have been useful if I had put the reminder in my post about milonga
> that it in fact pre-dated what we know as tango. It is not a "different"
> dance than tango - it is a parent of tango.

Not the so-called "urban milonga" Canaro introduced in 1932 with
"Milonga sentimental." That's the milonga we dance to. Can anyone on
this list /who has danced to the earlier kind/ (there must be a few
people who have) say the two have much in common?
> Teachers with great "wisdom" would be wise to know this before applying for
> their certification, Mr. Floyd. It is liable to be question 32(c) on your
> little test.
Surely question 32(d) would be:
    And how does that "[country] milonga came first" item make any
difference?
> Perhaps a little learning before the teaching?
"A little learning is a dangerous thing."

Jake