As bad as it all is, the only way to prevent it from happening is to not accept
such rude "invitations." But then you are blacklisted. The dynamic "rules" of
behaviour emerge from chaos of human relationships, not from any written
decrees. We can lament or we can adjust to make the best of any given situation.

For example, I very much dislike the 20-30 second standing around on the floor
and talking as the music starts as it is common in many milongas in Buenos
Aires. So, if possible, I dance in place and start moving along when everyone
else starts moving.