This is all very interesting. And I am sure the 30 sec chat serves various
intended purposes. However, all I need/want to know about my dance partner I
learn through dancing with her, not through talking with her. Actually having
any spoken conversation is very distracting for me. But, hey, my purpose for
dancing is not to "meet people" but to dance and enjoy music ... so I go ahead
and dance.

Does anyone know if it is considered rude to dance (in place) during those 30
chat seconds? I never had anyone tell me so, but perhaps people might just be
too polite to complain.