Yes, they are Ron, but you're just so used to it that you don't notice.
Otherwise, why not do all tangos?  Somehow back in the sands of time, someone
decided to include vals and milongas along with tangos.  We might never know
who started it, but it has proven popular and I bet it was because they added a
different rhythmic flavor to the night.  Probably the same reason ballroom
dances have their numerous dances and salsa dances include merengue every once
in a while.

Trini de Pittsburgh