> From: Sandhill Crane <grus.canaden...@yahoo.com>
>
> --- On Mon, 11/15/10, Jack Dylan <jackdylan...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > The man 'Inviting' seems to imply that the lady then
> > has a choice to either accept or decline, which, surely,
> > isn't the case.
>
> Well, in response to the invitation, she has to do something,
> true enough -- it's not much of a dance if she'll just stand
> there. But the manner in which she responds is certainly
> personal. >

I think we agree. What I mean is that she will accompany my
dance or, if you prefer, she will make the step that I lead her
to make. But the way in which she makes that step and what
she does between the steps is up to her. That's what I mean
by "her dance".

The  combination of my dance and her dance results in 'our dance',
which is why it's always different with different partners.

Jack