There is another 2 person activity that is interactive, starts with guided
movements or choreography and evolves to an intuitive, shared, moving
experience.  It is tai chi push hands.  Most practitioners of the tai chi form
don't move on to push hands in the US.  Many more do in China.

I do and love both and find many similarities.  I did weekly PH in a park in LA
for years and now do the same with a group in San Antonio.  In
tango(particularly close embrace), I always want to sense and interact with my
partner's center so that we stay together and share the experience more and
more subtlety and decisively.  In PH, the same sensing interaction occurs with
the difference being that perception of the person's whole body, particularly
the center allows one to push the other off balance.

PH players get high in quite the same way as tango dancers and it becomes a
very positive addiction just like tango.  PH players can sit around and discuss
the process and subtleties for hours just like tango dancers.

It goes way beyond lead and follow or mental move and respond with moves
learned in a class.  It becomes a simultaneous, interactive sharing that
develops the mind-body in the context of a cooperative/competitive game.

Just like in videos of close embrace dancers, so much of what is going on
cannot be captured, only inferred.  It is the same with PH.  Most PH is played
"fixed foot".  Here is a vid of "moving foot" to give an idea of how that can
occur.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdynHj5FsO0

Here is a link to our FB page.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/San-Antonio-Tai-Chi-Push-Hands/138662649497058

Best wishes to all who love, practice, and develop their mind body sensing with
another person.  And gosh, if you can do it in an embrace, to music, then it's
about as good as it gets.

Jim