Hi Tiffo,

At the weekly milonga that we host, the chacarera is played after the second
milonga tanda of the evening, and we just prefer to play one chacarera.  So the
flow is

milonga tanda
cortina
chacarera
cortina

It works out well, and people have learned to expect it.   Sometimes the DJ
will announce it during the cortina, but people also have fun rushing up onto
the floor and joining in when they hear the music.  It's all very
light-hearted.  It fits in with the relaxed atmosphere of our milonga, which is
free and takes place at a bar.  The other weekly milonga, which is a little
more formal, does their chararera at the very end, after La Cumparsita.  It's a
fun way to end the evening and start the clean-up process.

Argentine teachers like it when a tango community is interested enough in their
culture that they learn the chacarera.  There's interest in learning more
folkloric dances, as well.

Part of the appeal of the chacarera is the flirtiness of it, which was
emphasized to us when the community learned it.  The constant eye contact with
your partner, the lady showing off her skirt and then taking it away, the man
showing off for the lady with the zapateo, the getting close and then moving
away.  That is very similar to tango.

Trini de Pittsburgh