On Thu, 22 Apr 2004, Bonny Hardi Putra wrote:

> halow.. ;)
>

> saya lagi install qmail-scanner-1.22 di slackware 9.1
> nah waktu ./configure ada gini :
>

> Testing suid nature of /usr/bin/perl...
> Whoa - broken perl install found.
> Cannot even run a simple script setuid

> cari2 paket perl-suidperl
> ga ada yg source tar.gz semua rpm....

sebagai tambahan, berikut saya ambil cuplikan dari perl.build untuk
membuat paket perl di slackware 9.1

# We no longer include suidperl.  To quote the INSTALL file:
#
#   Because of the buggy history of suidperl, and the difficulty
#   of properly security auditing as large and complex piece of
#   software as Perl, we cannot recommend using suidperl and the feature
#   should be considered deprecated.
#   Instead use for example 'sudo': http://www.courtesan.com/sudo/

> ada yg bisa bantu..?
> sy pake qmail-scanner sama clamav..
>
> thx..

Anda dapat membaca keterangan pada FAQ untuk instalasi qmail-scanner

# YOU HAVEN'T DISABLED SET-ID SCRIPTS IN THE KERNEL YET: some perl
distributions have decided that running suid perl scripts is BAD, and they
specifically don't support it. For these systems, you have no option but
to either:

1. install setuid perl components - e.g. for Redhat there is a separate
   perl-suidperl RPM you have to install
2. install perl from source - compiling in setuid support, or
3. install a compiled setuid "wrapper" - which then calls
   qmail-scanner-queue.pl. In the contrib directory there is an example C
   program, taken straight out of the perlsec manual. Check the Makefile
   and "make ; make install" as root. You must then remove the setuid
   setting on qmail-scanner-queue.pl:

   chmod 0755 /var/qmail/bin/qmail-scanner-queue.pl

   as the binary does that bit instead, and stop running perl as
   suidperl (i.e. "#!/usr/bin/perl" instead of "#!/usr/bin/suidperl").

 Enakan dadi wong Gemblung

- --- GemBLunG ---

pgp-keyring
http://su.gemblung.org/keyring.pgp