> On 16 Mar 2015, at 14:07, Mirja Kühlewind <mirja.kuehlew...@tik.ee.ethz.ch>
> wrote:
>
> Hi Karen,
>
> section 3 should describe what currently is standardized. Am I right that
> there is no RFC on CMT SCTP (yet)… and that this was/is the reason that there
> was some discussion that this is out of scope? If so, what the status of CMT
> SCTP? Will there be potentially be an RFC anytime soon?
Hi Mirja,

this is an interesting question. It is not yet a WG document and the last time
I asked
for WG adoption, the question by the chairs was who would the consumer of the
document
be? A lot of people involved in implementing this in FreeBSD, the ns-2 and the
INET
simulator are already co-authors.
I tried to get some support for stack vendors, but none of them wanted to make
statements
about future products.

If there is a chance to progress this in TSVWG as a WG document, we would be
interested,
but I don't see why I should get a different answer when asking the same
question again
without having a relevant list of some "consumers" of the potential RFC.

Best regards
Michael