On 11/3/2015 10:37 PM, Karen Elisabeth Egede Nielsen wrote:
> HI Joe,
>
> Yes I agree. But still there are finer features and BCP for api
> and protocol implementations that have appeared from the api's defined
> outside of the IETF and for which one need to look outside of RFC docs.

Oh, I was certainly not claiming that IETF specifications are always
complete. The key is to derive the abstract API requirement from the
implementation extensions (and update the spec, ultimately).

> Or for PUSH bit one can also look at RFC1122 which describes it as
> optional.

RFC1122 is a standards track doc that clearly updates RFC793, even
though that sort of marking was not part of IETF process when it was issued.

Joe