Hi,

This draft is in good shape. Some quick comments, that are almost entirely
editorial:

1, 2nd paragraph: RTP can also run over DCCP, TLS, and DTLS.

4.1.1: “described further in Section 3.1 below” – but section 3.1 is above in
the document.

4.3 (SCTP): “It is therefore deployed in all Web browsers supporting WebRTC” –
actually, a slightly restricted subset of SCTP tunnelled over DTLS over UDP is
part of WebRTC.

4.6.2: editorial - list formatting is messed up

4.8.1: the correct expansion of RTCP is “RTP control protocol”, not “ Real Time
Control Protocol”

4.8.1: “The RFC-series specifies RTP media formats” should be “…RTP payload
formats”

4.8.1: “RTP sender and receiver can send RTCP report packets.” – actually,
“…will send…”

4.8.2: “multicast, anycast or IPv4 broadcast” – not sure broadcast makes sense,
and isn’t anycast just a variation on unicast? (i.e., RTP is no more anycast
than is TCP)

5: RTP is not mentioned in the bullet lists of transport service features -
should it be?

8: my name is mis-spelt in the bullet on section 4.8

Colin

> On 29 Dec 2015, at 17:22, Aaron Falk <aaron.f...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Reminder: WGLC on this doc ends this week.  Please read the current rev and
> send comments -- pro or con -- to this list.
>
> --aaron
>
> On Tue, Dec 8, 2015 at 9:02 AM, Aaron Falk <aaron.f...@gmail.com
> <mailto:aaron.f...@gmail.com>> wrote:
> This email announces a TAPS Working Group Last Call (WGLC) on:
>
>         Services provided by IETF transport protocols and congestion control
> mechanisms
>         draft-ietf-taps-transports-08.txt
> <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-taps-transports/>
>
> Due to the timing (many people take time off during the December holidays),
> this WGLC will run for slightly longer than usual - it will be for just over
> 3 weeks, ending at midnight US Eastern (daylight) Time on Thursday, December
> 31st.  Comments should be sent to the taps@ietf.org <mailto:taps@ietf.org>
> list, although purely editorial comments may be sent directly to the authors
> (draft-ietf-taps-transpo...@ietf.org
> <mailto:draft-ietf-taps-transpo...@ietf.org>).
>
> We're looking for at least a couple more reviews during WGLC - please email
> the chair (aaron.f...@gmail.com <mailto:aaron.f...@gmail.com>) if you're
> interested and willing to review this draft (otherwise, we'll have to go
> "beat the bushes" for reviewers).
>
> Thanks,
>
> --aaron

Colin Perkins