Hi Michael-

It seems to me that one could answer the question separately whether the
upper layer should be able to control the use of multi-streaming or
multi-paths vs. know whether multi-streaming or multi-paths are in use.  I
would think that there no reason to hide this information from apps.  would
you agree?

--aaron

On Mon, Jul 18, 2016 at 9:22 AM Michael Welzl <mich...@ifi.uio.no> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> draft-gjessing-taps-minset-02 suggests that all transport service
> features related to multi-streaming and usage of multiple paths are
> “automatable”. The rationale is given in Section 4:
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gjessing-taps-minset-02#section-4
> (this particular section says “removed” which is a mistake, to be fixed
> in the next update; sorry! - read as “classified as automatable”)
>
> Note that abstraction always comes with loss of some control, that’s
> inevitable. It has to hurt a little bit  :-)
> - our thinking is that none of these transport service features require
> application-specific knowledge and hence shouldn’t be exposed.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Cheers,
> Michael

--aaron