Hi,

as promised, here is our second draft towards automatic selection of transport
option.

It is primarily focusing on endpoint- and path selection and still lacks
details about Transport Protocol Stack Instance Selection.

Thanks to Mirja for early feedback preventing unnecessary terminology issues.
Nevertheless, I expect some discussion about terminology.

I welcome feedback and suggestions where more detail/discussion is needed.

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> From: internet-dra...@ietf.org
> Subject: New Version Notification for draft-tiesel-taps-communitgrany-00.txt
> Date: 27. June 2017 at 20:29:51 GMT+2
> To: "Philipp Tiesel" <phil...@inet.tu-berlin.de>, "Theresa Enghardt"
> <ther...@inet.tu-berlin.de>, "Philipp S. Tiesel" <phil...@inet.tu-berlin.de>
>

> A new version of I-D, draft-tiesel-taps-communitgrany-00.txt
> has been successfully submitted by Philipp S. Tiesel and posted to the
> IETF repository.
>
> Name:         draft-tiesel-taps-communitgrany
> Revision:     00
> Title:                Communication Units Granularity Considerations for
> Multi-Path Aware Transport Selection
> Document date:        2017-06-27
> Group:                Individual Submission
> Pages:                10
> Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tiesel-taps-communitgrany-00
> Htmlized:
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-tiesel-taps-communitgrany-00
>

> Abstract:
>   This document provides an abstract framework to reason about the
>   composition of multi-path aware systems in a protocol-independent
>   fashion.  It discusses basic mechanisms that are used in multi-path
>   systems and their applicability to different granularities of
>   communication units.  This document is targeted as consideration
>   basis for automation of destination, path and transport protocol
>   selection within the transport layer.

> The IETF Secretariat

AVE!
   Philipp S. Tiesel

--
Technische Universität Berlin – FG Internet Network Architectures (INET)
office: MAR 4.024 / Sekr.: MAR 4.4, Marchstr. 23, 10587 Berlin