On 15/06/2018 17:17, Tommy Pauly wrote:

[snip]

Adding back pressure to inbound connections is something that we do need to add. The approach Michael suggests, of just ignoring an inbound connection until we’re ready to process it, certainly would work. The downside is that this requires the caller of the API to manage their own array of pending inbound connections. One option we’ve considered is allowing the application to specify a “receive connection window size” on a listener, thus defining how many more inbound connections they’re ready to handle at a given time. What do people think about this approach?
Yes, that should be effective. One thing that needs to be avoided is the possibility of an attacker (or software error) causing huge numbers of Connection objects to be created.

--
John Grant
Nine Tiles, Cambridge, England