not exactly DTN, but opportunsitic networks, as envisaged in Haggle
had pluggable protocols at most layers -

Haggle: Seamless Networking for Mobile Applications
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/research/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/haggle-ubicomp2007.pdf

DTN is also sometimes interpreted as "Disruption Tolerant Networking",
(e.g. not just delay between earth and mars, but phobos or deimos
get in the way from time to time, so ingenuity crashes without anyone
seeingg

(or in the terrestrial case, you'ree train goes into a tunel whether
there's no cell phone coverage)...

> Sorry, answering myself:

speaking for and probably to  myself:)