Hi John J,
I've struck this myself recently when I was invited to a regular
Wednesday night jam. A regular member of the jam was playing a 12
string guitar and in a world of his own. At first I thought he was
kidding by hitting it so hard, but then I realised that he didn't have
a clue. After a few subtle hints and two weeks of this, I decided it
wasn't my cup of tea and as I was the new guy, I simply stayed away.
Singing up to the instruments isn't easy on the voice and can be short
lived. Funnily enough, I kept getting calls to join them and Mr 12
String went off & did his own thing. The sad thing is that the guy
wasn't aware of his lack of volume control.
Not gettin' hoarse... Holstein