We did it!!  The Stringbenders played our first gig tonight.  The
local arts outreach program is sponsoring a singer/songwriter festival
this weekend and we played out in front of the theater as people
arrived for the main concert.  I mainly played guitar but I pulled the
Kimble oval out for WBB, A Chokin' Farewell, and B'grass Stomp.  We
had a lot of fun.  And made some $$$ too.  Let's see, $21 divided by
three.....yessir, that's a whole $7 each!

We played all instrumental tunes.  Some slow, some fast.  I've been
working on my fancy crosspickin' on guitar and we're doin' a few tunes
like that.  Still gettin' our set list put together.  But tonight we
played for about an hour and a half, with no set list, and had no
issues coming up with tunes to play.  Although I did flub one tune.
It's my turn to pick one, so I suggest Soldier's Joy.  I go to kick it
off on guitar and my mind goes stone cold blank.  Can't remember it to
save my life!!  Soldier's-freakin-Joy, which I've only played 1,789
times, and I can't remember it!!   LOL  Gotta love live performances.
Can't wait to do it again.  We had more fun than a two peckered puppy
dog!  ;-)