This is a very useful thread.
Thanks..everyone.

As for noteworthy composer, what I like is the play back so I can hear
what is written, also can key in bar lines and notes via mouse and
keyboard, and the various bells and whistles are fairly  intuitive
once  one gets accustomed to their help section language and all the
various tool bar options.

What I don't like is you can only put one note instead of three to
denote a chord, and one has to 'layer' various copies of the same tune
to denote a chord.  The other issue is there is no tab option as far
as I know..to make manuscripts like the ones made by sibeilus or
others.

Also with NC one can't number the bars ..which is helpful when
transcribing or communicating about a phrase, etc.

ljt