I think performing is a bit like tennis and you need to be match fit
to last the distance. The only way to increase your stamina /
durability is to practice exactly what you want to build up. I find
this to be very true especially when it comes to singing. If I haven't
sung in a while due to instrumental practice, I get quite hoarse if I
attempt a 3 hour gig. Although it might seem dorky, try keeping a
practice page where you record how much time you practice each day. It
keeps you honest and very conscious of how much time you actually hit
the strings. This helped me throughout all of last year when I began
this crazy journey, now practice is like having breakfast and dinner
(tea), it is a must and part of the daily routine. Even the family
knows that 'dad' has to play some music before we go out :-) Now I can
look back and see how much practice I did in each week / month, and I
can also see where I achieved milestones from my notes.

Since I purchased my beloved Duff F5, the Eastman has been "resting".
My intention was to sell it as the sound and feel just don't compare
and I have my baby now, but then I think it might come in handy as a
reserve for an unplanned situation. And there's my 3 year old who is
nuts over playing, perhaps he'll take it up one day. Anyhow, now that
I have it I think I'll hold onto it just in case! My best mate Dave
moved to Saskatchewan a few years ago and he tells me that he rents
fiddles and mandolins for the kids a month at a time so they can try
before he buys, and the price is ridiculously cheap. I haven't seen
that here in Sydney but perhaps they do where you are.

Lastly, I find that the weekends can present a problem for my
practice / playing because the yard jobs affect my hands & fingers.
Using the lawn mower and whipper snipper (edger/trimmer) really give
my hands a buzz and I find that it affects my playing. So if I have a
gig, no lawns that day.

Good luck for next weekend Erik, you've got time to sort this out.

Hol-shtein