Well this thread has made me realize how useful this forum can be in
some ways.  I had a thread closed down on me on the cafe because I
mentioned that maybe Monroe doesn't deserve so much credit for
starting bluegrass when people were playing a whole lot of commercial,
blues influenced country music before he came along.  He definitely
did something amazing with the music and his influence is priceless,
but he didn't pick up clay and shape the "first bluegrass record"
where nothing existed before.

Now, I don't want to talk about this, I just want to relate how upset
I was when the thread was locked after this comment and I was sent a
private message asking me to "play nice."

This tater forum is a constant source for inspiration, discussion,
opinion, and much more, including non work-safe links if you are so
inclined *G*

I don't spend nearly the time I should listening to modern bluegrass,
but Ricky always surprises me with his talent and listenability, it
would be nice if he felt so strongly about his influence on bluegrass
music and mandolin playing to contribute to a Monroe mandolin camp,
and I hate hearing about other's religions.  I don't know enough about
the subject to say anything else.

Hoffy