<rant mode on; ratcheted up to 11>

This kind of feedback from the so-called "keepers of the flame" of old time makes the gorge fairly well buoyant. Who bequeathed them the music and who told 'em it was a fossil, fit only to stick under glass in a museum? Real musicians don't often think this way about music nor did those first-gen folks whom they--and we--admire.

Here's your mantra:

Screw 'em
Screw the fiddle mafia that makes six of them vs one of you a good jam
Screw the lock-step jack-booted thugs who keep careful track of who's playing the wrong notes of the wrong version
Screw the smug know-it-alls who insist on only one kind of old-time
Play what you want and if they don't like...sc--well, you get the idea

<rant mode off; urge to kill....subsiding>

 ;^)...but only partially