Well, it's awfully quiet on the Tater front. Guess I'll share a tune
from a live recording of a show we played 2 weekends ago. It was in an
old schoolhouse converted to a gallery out here in the middle of
nowhere in western New Mexico. I took my laptop and interface and
multitracked it because we're trying to put together a demo. Anyway,
this one turned out good--to my ear anyway.

The tune is called "Sleepy Meadow" and it's one I wrote for Frank
Wakefield. I took a bunch of his ideas and stirred them up with my own
and spit out this tune. Of course, in trying to do my worst backwards
talking, instead of calling it Wake Field I called it Sleepy Meadow...
the alternative title is Frank Incensed.

The group is called Sons of Others and features Gregg Daigle on
guitar, Justin McClauchlin on bass, and me on mandolin--I'm playing a
Campanella Due at this show. Mics are 57s on instruments run into a
Peavy mixer for the house sound, I tapped the inserts and ran it into
a Presonus Firestudio, recorded/mixed in Logic Express at 24/44.1 for
any of you who care. I also put up a room mic which really added a
sense of the space and natural reverb to it. This is a first rough mix
but I liked it enough to want to share it.

http://www.dongrieser.net/transfer/sleepy.mp3

--
My CD of original tunes played on mandolin, mandola, and mandocello
http://www.HillbillyChamberMusic.com