From: taterbugmando@googlegroups.com
[mailto:taterbugma...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
nelsonpeddyco...@knology.net
Sent: Monday, September 13, 2010 9:57 AM
To: taterbugmando@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Hey all--let's hear it about camp

Nice work again, Steve!

I really enjoyed the camp again this year.  There is something about
being around 40 or 50 other people who love mandolins and Monroe Style
playing that is extremely cool.  If it were just a gathering of those
folks for a weekend, it would be cool enough and reason to attend.

When the instruction and the faculty performances are figured in, I
think it is an incredible amount of benefit for the money.

Some of the classes I sat in on:

Columbus Stockade Blues and On & On (Mike)
Mandolin Blues - bios and audio (Mike)
Constructing Monroe Style Solos (Ritchie)
Rhythm Patterns and Chords to Construct Melodies (Mike)
Fiddle Tunes in A - Sally Goodin' and Dusty Miller (Skip)
French Polishing (Will Kimble and Paul Duff)
A Beginner's Look at Double Stops (Mike)
Tunes in C (Mike)
Pushing the Boundaries- Old Ebeneezer, Old Daingerfield and Southern
Flavor (Mike)

In every one of these classes, I learned something I consider valuable.
Mike providing the handouts in his classes is very beneficial.  I had to
video Skip playing the tunes in A in order to go back over it later.
Ritchie's class allowed me to map out some work I need to do in order to
get where I need to go.

I got to meet several Taterbuggers (is that what we are called?  In
England, that might mean something completely different) and others I
have seen lurking/posting on the Cafe.

It was an all around very cool experience.

Nelson

 On Mon 09/13/10  8:51 AM , Steve Cantrell sec...@bellsouth.net sent: