Thanks again to Tater for another fine year in Owensboro.  It was once
again an absolute blast.  I am still recovering at my second day back
to the real world.  Funny how something that you focus so much on can
sap you dry.

Highlights include:
1. Lessons on several vicious breaks including My Dying Bed and Col.
Stockade Blues
2. Rhythm Patterns class- I could hear the Tater discuss this over and
over and never tire of it.  Repitition is good.
3. Mark Seale's fiddling
4. Tater drank all my beer
5. Skip allowed me to video tape him playing the Golden West so I
could learn it.
6. Paul Duff using Monroe licks as a weapon.  Helluva nice bloke
there.
7. David Harvey's picking is inspiring no doubt.  Easy guy to talk to.
8. Getting my picture in the paper with Bobby Osborne right after he
showed me how to play "Cherokee Lady" properly.  A kind soul with a
soulful voice.
9. Tater tenoring my rendition of "True Life" in F? That's right F.
10. Being thanked for sittin' in on a beginners jam and helping a few
of the youngsters out.
11. Showing a greenhorn her first G chord.
12. Mooching good bourbon off Nelson. Put a smile right on yer face.
13. Richie's picking and enthusiasm is infectious
14. You couldn't swing a dead cat without hittin' a killer mandolin.
15. Terry Bullin stopping me during "Turkey in the straw" for not
playing it fast enough.

The list goes on.  It was a pleasure seeing some of you folks again
and for the first time. John