From: kathy nichols <kathymnich...@gmail.com>
To: taterbugmando@googlegroups.com
Sent: Mon, December 6, 2010 6:31:57 PM
Subject: Re: Song of the Month-December 2010

Thank you for bring this up.  I wondered if I was the only one
confused by the difference between the mp3, the youtube, and the tab.

I went to a jam this weekend and asked an old time fiddler there if he
knew Hatcher's version of Grub Springs.  He promptly played the
straight version of the tune found on most of the other youtube
videos.
He has played around Michigan for many years, just never heard the
crooked version but thought the one he played was Hatcher's version.

I find working on one measure at a time is helping some.  Still
confused about which fingers to use on the slides, especially in the
7th measure.

Interesting spelling for the blogger's first name
Daevid.............kinda crooked.

Kathy