On Thursday, December 02, 1999 Stefan Tanurkov wrote:

CJT>> By  the way! Wouldn't you upgrade Dos Navigator in the way it supports
CJT>> LFNs?  It  was  a  very  good  and  advanced  project,  and I think it
CJT>> shouldn't have been abandoned...

> We've  made  DN  Freeware  with  sources available. Since we did it,
> several different versions appeared

CJT>> Also the support of jar archives would be nice.
> AFAIK, it is supported in some versions :-)

Oh great, I tried to look for some alternative versions of DN, but all
the  pages  have  descriptions  in Russian, only heading in English. I
don't  understand a word. I think it would be very valuable if someone
arranged it in some way, made it simpler to find out which version has
what.  Also,  is  there  a  product  that  is  more  of  less a direct
continuation of DN?

> I've heard of it before, but I prefer RAR because I know it from its
> birth :-)

Yeah,  I have known RAR since version 1.4 or something like this (when
I  first got it, it was quite unknown to the majority) and I liked it,
but   when  jar  came  out  I  was very impressed with its compression
power, so I moved :-).

--
Christopher J. Trybowski
--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] --- [EMAIL PROTECTED] --- uin: 4350719 ---

Using The Bat! 1.38 Beta/5 [reg] under Windows 98 4.10 build 1998.