Hello phil,
On Tue, 7 Mar 2000 09:24:14 -0800 (PST) GMT your local time,
which was Wednesday, March 08, 2000, 12:24:14 AM (GMT+0700) my local time,
phil wrote:

> Greetings,

>         I have been trying to get thebat to run under wine in linux,
> people on this ML (TBBETA) have told me it *can* be done.  I have searched
> many different places on the net, like: redhat.com, linux.org,
> linuxnewbie.org, MAN wine, and I haven't figured out why it won't work.

It was posted here so a search of the website archive should tell you.
I cleaned my files out when I reinstalled 98 a month or so ago...

> HOWEVER...  Since this may possibly be because of the ASPack Compression/
> Scrambling, my next logical question (if nobody knows how to get
> thebat working in linux under wine)  is how can I SHARE my
> /mnt/DOS_hda7/mail/ *.* (thebat's mail folders in 9x/NT)  with linux?

have you tried unpacking the Bat?
I havent tried the last versions but in the past Procdump would do a
decent decoding...

As said it was decribed but I cleaned out both my Linux mail folders
where I am on a development list and the Bats as both create sometimes
a lot of info...

> And what Application in linux would you suggest to try to import/export
> the mail folders, and still be compatible, without corrupting anything?

presumably an export to Linux mail folders should do the trick.
I normally mount my drives I want to share as 'auto' under Linux so I
get the long filenames under Linux.

tracer

Using theBAT 1.41 Beta/5

mail to : [EMAIL PROTECTED]