Hello, The Bat Users!

AKL>>   Chinese

TF> While I could send you the name of the language in Chinese, I would
TF> have to use Big5 encoding for Traditional Chinese. However, the
TF> language interface is in GB2312 encoding, using Simplified Chinese. So
TF> it wouldn't help you.

Please, send it directly to me in "GB2312 encoding, using Simplified
Chinese" - I need it in the same encoding as Windows uses for program
interfaces: menus, window titles, etc. May be it would be better if
you send it to me just listing hex values of characters (for example,
"54 68 65" for the word "The"). Or write it in a text file, then put
it in a Zip archive, and send the archive to me. Thanks very much in
advance.

TF> Oh, and BTW, Russian letters are displayed as Chinese characters
TF> on my monitor, so I don't know whether it's a good idea to use the
TF> native language for list of langauges.

The idea is that if you switch to russian interface by mistake, you'll
see your language name anyway. As it is now, you'll see russian names
only, and if you don't remember the position of Chinese menu item in
the menu, you'll have to switch to English, first, and then back to
Chinese (and at least one TB user had no English language at all - it
just disappeared from the menu somehow).

I think that the variant

Russian name (Original name)

is better than

Russian name (English name)

because in the latter case only those who understand English could
find again their language.

What do you think?

Andrew                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Using The Bat! 1.42 Beta/20 S/N E9230B5C
under Russian Windows 95 4.0 Build 1111  B