Hello Deryk Lister,
On Fri, 4 Aug 2000 14:01:52 +0100 GMT your local time,
which was Friday, August 04, 2000, 8:01:52 PM (GMT+0700) my local time,
Deryk Lister wrote:

> Hi phil,
> On Friday 04/08/2000 at 11:47, you wrote:

>> What does this mean for someone who doesn't have a key by Sept 1,
>> 2000, or for those that have a key, but the year is now 2001?

> If they don't get a key by then, they won't be able to get it signed
> by Thawte.  If they do have one, it will stay valid - at least for a
> year I think.
> In other words, if you don't have it signed by them yet then it's a
> good idea to do so ASAP before it's too late :)

> Don't know why they are going for S/MIME. It's very
> Microsoft-flavoured (ie. bloated), especially in the fact that it
> makes signed messages huge, whereas PGP sigs are quite small - and it
> takes a lot of effort and money to get yourself a decent certificate
> (ie with your name on and better than a measly 1024 bit RSA).

want to bet thats one of the reasons? There is money to be made by
those keys....  if controllable.

> Far prefer PGP myself. Free, secure, no harder to use, much less
> bloated.

and free, not controlled by any of the big companies.
Ok, commercial pgp may be but there isnt much they can do about
charging for keys...

tracer

Using theBAT 1.46 Beta/2

mail to : [EMAIL PROTECTED]