Hello all !

For those new to MAPI (like me) a short summary what is needed to use
MAPI (with TB!).

My system: had never seen MAPI before. I have NT4 with IE 3.02 and
_not one_ MS mail program (internet mail, messaging, OE, Outlook) and
no Office. And everytime some software wanted to install MAPI things,
i removed them afterwards...

For testing if MAPI works with TB! i'm using Agent. To enable MAPI
with Agent, several steps were needed:

/0/ (no actions were required in this 'step') Other people reported
    that TB has to be the default client. (Control Panel, Internet
    settings).

/1/ MAPI had to be enabled in the registry:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows Messaging Subsystem]
    MAPI="1"

/2/ a DLL called mapi32.dll is needed (windows\system32 directory)
    If you, like me, don't have one already, TB! provides one (in the
    tbmapi.zip). You can copy it manually to the system32 directory or
    let TB! do it (thebat.exe /installmapi)

/3/ in the "User and System Profile" (Agent options) you have to
    choose "Send email messages with MAPI" (If this option is still
    grayed out after you restart Agent, then something went wrong with
    steps /1/ and /2/). The Address format should be %1 (default is
    [SMTP:%1])

After these 3 steps, i can use TB-MAPI with Agent :-)

(i have watched my system with a registry watcher and the only things
that changed when installing TB 1.46 and tbmapi.dll were: /1/ a new
registry key DLLPath in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail\The
Bat! /2/ the MAPI-enabling in step 1 and /3/ new files mapi32.dll and
tbmapi.dll: two copies of the same file)

But i still can't use MAPI with Windows Explorer. I can't find any
command... I guess that this is usually in the SendTo menu, but i
always delete what i can't use. Can somebody tell me what sits in this
menu to send mails?

Regards

Peter
--