Hello István,

IS> The probable reason for SC being slower is that it only copies changed
IS> files, so it checks for changes first.

The same thing does the COPY /U command option of 4DOS.
BTW, backing up a large dir (my news base) took about one hour
with SC - in runs in max. 5 minutes now. Not a small difference.

IS> What I particularly like about it is that it runs automatically - if I
IS> forget to back up, it won't.

Ok, that's a real point. It was not important for me because I
started the backup manually even with SC.

IS> Why do I have this feeling that we are flogging a dead horse... ;-)

I plead on guilty ;-)

--
Regards,
Wolfgang

Co-moderator TBUDL / TBBETA discussion lists

Using The Bat! 1.45 under Windows 95 4.0 Build 1111  B
in Darmstadt, Germany,
on a 166Mhz Cyrix, 128MB SDRAM, half SCSI system ;-)

http://www.wolfgang-kynast.de/