Hello Marck,

You typed on 12/10/2000, 11:26 AM:

Marck> %quotestyle='=%ABOFROMFIRSTNAME="%OFROMLNAME"'

Marck> Is the simplified version of what you had and may be more reliable.

Thank you very much for your help. Actually this version works pretty
good for me.

I found that I didn't really need Regexps here, since TB does some
magic here:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] is expanded like:
 %OFROMFNAME=%OFROMLNAME=%OFROMNAME=name

Name <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
 %OFROMFNAME=%OFROMLNAME=%OFROMNAME=Name

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:
 %OFROMFNAME=Peter, %OFROMLNAME=Szabolcs,
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Handy :)

Marck> It looks a bit strange anyway. First name from the address book
Marck> or last name from the original FROM field?
I thought that one over :)

Most of my correspondation is with Hungarian people. Here names are
written in SURNAME GIVENNAME order. When I put someone in the AB, I
hand-correct TB's assumption about the name order.

So when I reply to someone in my AB, TB uses the first name correctly,
but if the sender isn't in my AB, TB would guess the first name wrong,
and I prevent this with using the "last name".

Now, if I need to reply to an English letter, I just type
engrep<ctrl+space>, and the quick template takes over.

--
Cheers, SyP

There is hopeful symbolism in the fact that flags do not wave in a vacuum. (Arthur C.
Clarke)