Hello Ming-Li,
Friday, December 15, 2000, 13:10:21, you wrote:

LC>> I find it quite useful, but it's when you're on a mailing list
LC>> with people running other mail programs who, well - not complain,
LC>> but notice and point fingers, if you know what I mean :)

If they moan about your choice of software and you're sending plain
text. Not breaking list rules etc. tell them off list where they can
put their software.

ML> Sorry, I don't. I'm on lots of mailing lists where people use all
ML> kinds of mail software, but I still don't see why it's better to add
ML> quotation signs at the start of blanks lines.

I agree with Ming-li on this one. You don't quote a blank line it's
just there. A quote shows that someone previously wrote the text. A
blank line does not have an owner.

--
 Jamie Dainton [Bat]
 On Friday, December 15, 2000 at 14:45:41