Hello Kertész,

-----8<-----------------------------------8<-----------------------------
KV> And not in a .log file. But using
KV> information windows.

I would love that!

So  I  am guided to a web page that says "Unknown problem", or gives a
multitude of possible causes,
mostly  not  even  closely related, and looks like the instruction leaflet of
medicines in which the
producing  company,  not  mainly  caring  about  instructing  the  user,  tries
to avoid any kind of
liability they might incur.

For  short:  the way Microsoft and most major software suppliers work... I have
lost hours on those!
Most  of  the  time  it  is  impossible to solve the problem with that kind of
"information" and one
finally gets helped by Googling for other users' solutions.

Or do you really think a software developer should waste his time in cataloging
every possible cause
of  anything  that  could cause the malfunctioning of his software, even the
ones that are extern to
that product?

I suppose that is not exactly what you have in mind, do you?  But then again,
how should it be done?

--
Best Wishes,
Mark

using
The Bat! Version 4.2.21.1 Alpha
MyMacros 1.11a

zOmbie's Macros Version 0.7
Windows XP Professional/5.1 build 2600 Service Pack 3 (1 days 4:21:45) on Dual
Intel Pentium III