Rick:

> >> copy a few messages to a temporary folder. Thread them. Now try to break
> >> the thread
> >> and watch what happens to the lower message - IT DISAPPEARS
>
> > How do you break the thread? I can see messages disappear only if I
> > shift-drag
> > a message on itself (it doesn't even have to be threaded, it happens with a
> > single message too). To unthread a message or a subthread, I shift-drag the
> > message down below the last message of the list, on the empty space of the
> > message list pane. It un-threads correctly.
>
> Shift dragging to the left and off the messages SHOULD break the threading.
>
> Instead of now having 2 unthreaded messages, one of them vanishes

Ok, I realize now the full picture:

In v.4.x:
drag -> re-thread (and you can't drop a message on itself).
shift+drag -> un-thread (no matter where you drop the message).

In v.5.0.8.1:
drag -> doesn't work.
shift+drag -> drop on a different message -> re-thread
           -> drop down below, on the empty space -> un-thread
           -> drop on the same message -> disintegrator ray

Former behaviour is to be restored, I think. Even if the "disintegrator" bug
were corrected, it's uneasy to unthread a message when the empty space is deep
down at the end of a long message list.

Luca - e-mail: p.stevens at linuxfan.it