Hi Miles/Wallness,

> This is a forwarded message
> From: Wallness <walln...@gmail.com>
> To: Miles Chang <drift...@gmx.com>
> Date: Sunday, May 1, 2011, 9:37:38 PM
> Subject: Chinese language filtering bug

Wallness> ===8<==============Original message text===============
Wallness> ...

Wallness> The  Chinese  bug  you  mentioned  has been there for a long
Wallness> time.  Occasionally  it  works,  but  most  of  the  time it
Wallness> doesn't.  BTW,  I'm  still  using  v4.  The  buggy search in
Wallness> Chinese is the reason why I ended up buying Archvarius 3000.

Unfortunately,  as it occurred it's not only for Chinese/Japanese/Thai
language.

It  happens for  any  language  that  is not English and has it's own
national characters (Polish on Chinese OS ; CHN, JP, Rus on English or
Polish OS ; any other combination you can think of).

FOLDERS
Additionally    I  have  found  today  that  creating  folders  with a
name  in   any  non-native  char  sets (ex: Chinese) is not possible -
changing to ????? - added note to Bug report.

Wallness> It can read and archive many file formats, including thebat.
Wallness> It's  a  life-saver  when  it comes to search for info in my
Wallness> thebat email bases. :)

I  can not see the point in using The Bat if it's not possible to make
folders names in other that English or OS native languages.

The   main   features  (Filtering  System  and  Folders)  - the reason
why The Bat is superior  to  Thunderbird  are  worth  nothing  if  you
can't use.  And  if you can't use features there is no point on spending money
but
it's  better  to  stick to solutions like Thunderbird (not so powerful
but working thou).

Wallness> Also,  FWIW,  I  believe  there  are  other bugs in thebat's
Wallness> search  function.  I'm  pretty  sure  even when searching in
Wallness> English,  thebat  often  fails  to  find  the  words. It's a
Wallness> horrible bug.

We   should   help   here   programmers   and  provide  them with more
feedback I guess :)

Wallness> Anyway, FYI. I doubt Ritlabs can do much about it. They have
Wallness> a  Chinese distributor in Mainland China. If the distributor
Wallness> cannot get Ritlabs to fix it, it's hard to be optimistic.

They should care ; word of mouth is what could help them with sales :)
Satisfied customers = good publicity :)

> --
> Best regards,
> Anthony Chou

> ===8<===========End of original message text===========

RS

The Bat! 5.0.8
Windows7 Professional (x64) Polish (SP1)
OTFE Enabled ; so far only 3 POP3 accounts

The Bat! 5.0.10
Windows7 Ultimate (x64) English (SP1)
OTFE Enabled ; so far only 3 POP3 accounts