>> This first appeared in this beta
>> The message pane entry is BLANK, but the message is there and the
>> header information panel is populated correctly
>> Confirmations anyone?

I can kind of confirm that;
clicking on a folder in which is new mail, often TB spontaneously
compact the folder and deletes old messages first, then the new
messages are shown in the folder pane correctly but the messagefield
itself is empty.
After clicking on some other folder and then going back to the previous
one, the message texts are visible.

I regret it very much to have updated from the 4 to the 5 version. Because
I did not get any answer on the problems, I'll downgrade today. ...sigh.....

--
Regards,
Gunivortus