Title: Re: floating SMTP server
> Do you know by which conditions TheBat selects the correct SMTP
> server, then? Is it simply a manual switch?

Yes AFAICS. "SMTP server" field in Account properties->Transport becomes a combo box.
I couldn't find a way to put this

> This might be a chicken-or-the-egg problem: Even though the
> DHCP-attribute has been defined for quite a while, I know of no client
> that's using it. But since TheBat just recently introduced this
> switching mechanism, wouldn't this be the perfect chance to finally
> utilize it?

Maybe. In any case, it's not for me to decide. This is all about all-in-one vs keep-it-simple tradeoff.

Meanwhile,
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.mail.the-bat.user/32428 suggests using a local SMTP server
that would forward a message according to whatever logic you program into it.
Python is ideal for this job since it has an SMTP proxy template in standard library.

 Ivan
mailto:v...@mail.mipt.ru