Roelof,

RO> Hallo Steven,

RO> On Thu, 7 Feb 2013 07:59:19 -0500GMT (7-2-2013, 13:59 , where I
RO> live), you wrote:

SPV>> What happens first:  Filtering or Junk Checking?

RO> Junk checking happens first. Cannot be altered.

Thanks, that's what I needed to know.  Maybe my suggestion
for allowing the user to choose where in the filtering sequence
junk (and virus) checking occurs will be considered...

RO> However, what you can do, is make your spam filter add a header (or
RO> add something to the subject), but not drop it to the junk folder.
RO> And configure the sorting office to move everything with that spam
RO> header to your junk folder.
RO> You should place that spam filter in your sorting in such a way that
RO> addresses with lots of false positives get filtered before your spam
RO> filter gets activated.
RO> Unfortunately I don't know for sure whether this is possibe with your
RO> Regula plug-in.

I just checked the config and there's no option for header
modification.  BUT it does have its own filter rules where
I could mark specific header values (just like TB!'s filters)
as always being SPAM or HAM.

BUT...

Today it was all of the new messages from this group (TBBETA)
that landed in the Junk mail folder.  Even the one I posted.
Something is definitely wrong.  TBBETA messages have been
filtered correctly for *YEARS* with virtually zero false
positives for junk.  It is almost infinitely unlikely that
ALL of the messages from yesterday would be considered junk.

All of my other filters (including TBUSER) are still working
correctly today.  I'm thinking that my question actually
belongs in the "Incoming message filtering stopped working??"
thread, because I believe that's what I've been experiencing.

--
Steven Vallière | tb 5.3.6.2 (BETA) | mailto:the...@e-visions.com