Hello Stuart,

Saturday, June 24, 2017, 9:06:25 AM, you wrote:

> I run mail server programs in VMs in hosting centers, all on SSD
> drives running Windows OS server versions.  I doubt almost anyone is
> running TB, a (desktop) client program, in VM instances on machines
> running on their desks, such as laptops, much less TB client programs
> also running in hosted VM server instances.

I saw big companies are running all client software for their employees on
Virtual Machines (VMs), and the client is just running a thin client computer
with a remote desktop. This this is safer, cheaper, easier to manage and easier
to deploy than hundreds of standalone workstations. And that thin client
computer is cheap and no need to upgrade it - it should be just enough to
handle remote desktop connection.

I even saw small companies are running vital programs like accounting on VMs
hosted on remote colocations - for safety and security.

That's why running The Bat! and other client software on VMs is of interest.
And VMs like when memory, if unused, is not left as it was, with old data
remnants, but cleaned with all zero bytes.

That's why I think that my question is relevant.

Even if you run The Bat! under a desktop Windows PC - filling memory with zeros
may be beneficial.

--
Maxim Masiutin
Director