Hello everybody,

on Freitag, 23. März 2018 at 20:00 Richard Newman wrote:

> Friday, March 23, 2018, 12:46:33 PM, Maxim Masiutin wrote:
MM>> So far, if I just manually create a shortcut on the desktop and
MM>> point to the thebat64.exe, it survives MSI updates, even if I will
MM>> later move this shortcut to the taskbar.
> Mine is on the taskbar and never survives MSI updates. I'll put one on
> the desktop to see what happens with the next MSI

   The installer should ask for putting an icon on the desktop, not put one
there without asking.

   I have the icon on the taskbar, and it sits there undisturbed by dozens of
new installs.

Cheers,
Lüko Willms
Frankfurt/Main, Germany

Using  The Bat! Version 8.3
under Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition 5.2 Build 3790 Service Pack 2
CPU by AMD type 586;  Model: '6' named: 'amd athlon(tm) xp 2000+', level:  6, 1
core, with speed 1665