Hello Curt,

Sunday, July 8, 2018, 8:33:25 AM, you wrote:

> U&R. No shutdown after send.

Did you receive the "SmartScreen" warning when you have installed this MSI?

I have found out that if a developer has a standard code signing certificate,
some time will be needed for the application to build "trust" with the
SmartScreen. Microsoft affirms that an Extended Validation (EV) Code Signing
Certificate allows to skip this period of trust building.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/ie/2012/08/14/microsoft-smartscreen-extended-validation-ev-code-signing-certificates/

According to the information from the link, extended validation certificates
allow the developer to immediately establish reputation with SmartScreen.
Otherwise, the users will see a warning like "Windows Defender Smartscreen
prevented an unrecognized app from starting. Running this app might put your PC
at risk.", with the two buttons: "Run anyway" and "Don't run".

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/vsnetsetup/2013/01/09/windows-smartscreen-prevented-an-unrecognized-app-from-running-running-this-app-might-put-your-pc-at-risk/

Another Microsoft resource from the second link (above) states the following
(quote): "Although not required, programs signed by an EV code signing
certificate can immediately establish reputation with SmartScreen reputation
services even if no prior reputation exists for that file or publisher. EV code
signing certificates also have a unique identifier which makes it easier to
maintain reputation across certificate renewals."

My question is how long does it take for The Bat! new MSI files to build
"trust" with the Smartscreen?

Maxim Masiutin