Hello Thomas,

On  Fri, 11 May 2001 at 11:12:49 GMT +0800 (which was 11/05/2001 10:12
GMT  +0700  my  Local  Time)  "Thomas"=[T] wrote to Stefan Tanurkov on
TBBETA :

ND>>> Does it overcome the problem of all users accessing the same
ND>>> address book?

ST>> Could you describe it in more details off the list please?

T> I'd rather he wrote it on-list. ;-)

Me too :-)
Let me explain my own :
- I am running The Bat! on Multi O/S Platform (I run more than one PC
  in  front  of  me  on  daily  work,  and each running Multi O/S, and
  sometimes  work on "server" or other workstation on LAN). That's why
  I put all of folder on Network Drive, especially The Address Book.
- For all those account, I share address book, set as Default Address
  Book.

This  condition  simulate more than one The Bat! users running his own
(single) TB! on his own PC on the LAN (not real TB! in Networking Mode
as Nick describe).

The problem are :
- If for certain account I made change, such adding contact or delete
  contact,  other  account (on other PC) must exit from The Bat! first
  before he can look the changes.
- I  have  to  set  sharing  drive  as "full read/write" to make this
  happen, "read only" user can not use this share address book.

So, my suggestions :
- TB! periodically check the address book.
- Have ability for TB! user to "read only" some address book.

- Syafril -

Syafril Hermansyah         - <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<http://www.dutaint.co.id> - <http://www.dutaint.com>

Using The Bat! 1.52e
under Windows NT 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 1