On Sun, 13 May 2001 18:44:24 +0100, David contributed this to our
collective wisdom:

>> The developers won't know how you feel unless you make it known.

DE> So do you want me to do a reply to everything saying "me to" or "Not
DE> for me". :-)

Sure, especially if no one has yet made the objection or agreement you
wish to. Of course, some discretion needs to be exercised and it's prudent
not to post a me too if it has adequately been expressed by others.

DE> Yes but what I see is a small minority of this list jumping up and
DE> down. And it appears that one voice is enough to change the behaviour
DE> of the program.

One voice is certainly good enough especially if it speaks sensibly and
goes unopposed in opinion. :-)

DE> There are also times when I can not access the list for a period of
DE> time and something that I do not consider to be a bug is fixed and I
DE> do not have time to reply.

Well, this will always be a problem.

DE> Also English is my first language but I am badly dyslexic and have
DE> considerable trouble in getting my thoughts written down in a coherent
DE> fashion. This means that I don't always reply when I think that I
DE> should. (I know that this is my problem.)

I understand.

>> I personally find the current method of moving across folders better.

DE> I prefer the original implication but I can live with it as it is now.

DE> However I do miss the bleep when changing from folder to folder, to me this
DE> was very useful.

Agreed.

BTW, I've noted that the preview window has again overtaken the folder
view window in this regard. It's my opinion that the browse across folder
option should be made optional, and also be made functional via the view
folder windows. The beep would then come in very handy when browsing
multiple folders via the view folder window. Just my $0.02 worth. :-)

©Allie
- --
A. Curtis Martin  ••  List Moderator (and fellow registered end-user)
Using SecureBat! (v1.53/iKey1000)293FF-929OB  |  Win2k (SP1)
             -
'Conformity obstructs progress.'